Rode Hall Silver Band was formed in 1837 as a fife and drum band, changing to its current brass band format in 1886. It is believed that the Band was originally formed to lead the local people to services at Astbury Church before Rode Church was built.
Band activity was suspended for the duration of the Second World War. In 1946 a meeting was held at the Bleeding Wolf pub between Messrs. Tim Williamson, Bill Roberts and Albert Pierpoint when it was decided to try to reform the band. All the pre-War players were contacted and invited to meet at the British Legion room in Scholar Green, where the Band has practiced ever since.
The Band today plays at many events throughout South Cheshire and Staffordshire. The Band is also planning to participate in a number of contests that will challenge the players and develop its sound.
The band recently achieved a 2nd place finish at the Wychavon Festival of Brass 2016. The band is forward-thinking, and aims to progress further and further up the results table in the years to come.
Rode Hall Silver Band is a registered Charity, number 1171502.